Last updated May, 2022
- Advancing Eyecare at https://www.advancingeyecare.com
- Lombart Instrument at https://www.lombartinstrument.com
- Marco Ophthalmic at https://www.marcoophthalmic.com
- Enhanced Medical Services at https://www.emseye.com
- Ophthalmic Instruments, Inc. at https://www.oiica.com
- Santinelli International at http://www.santinelli.com
- Sios, Inc. at https://siosoptical.com
- S4Optik at https://www.s4optik.com
- Innova Medical at https://www.innovamed.com
When you visit our Sites and use our services, you trust us with your personal information. We take your privacy very seriously. In this privacy notice, we seek to explain to you how we collect your Personal Data through your use of our Sites and through email, text, and other electronic communication between you and Company. We also seek to explain how we use your Personal Data and what rights you have in relation to it.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Sites are not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or through the Sites. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on our Sites including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Information Do We Collect?
Information You Provide
We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, products of interest, etc. We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, voluntarily fill out any forms on our Sites or marketing platforms, and when participating in activities on the Sites or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Sites, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
- Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
- Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored securely by our payment processor.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information Automatically Collected
Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our Sites.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Sites. This information does not reveal your specific identity (such as your name or contact information), but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, traffic data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Sites, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Sites, and information about how and when you use our Sites and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Sites, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, specifically:
- Usage Details. Details of your visits to our Sites, such as traffic data, location, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Sites, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Sites;
- Device Information. Information about your computer, mobile device, and Internet connection, specifically your IP address, operating system, browser type, and browser version information; and
- Location Data. The Sites, depending on the version, may collect information about the location of your device. If you do not want us to collect this information, you can chose not to enable or you can turn-off collection of location information using the privacy settings in the Sites or your device.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Sites and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Improve our product and services offering;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Sites according to your individual interests;
- Recognize you when you return to our Sites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Web Beacons. Pages of a Sites, or our e-mails, may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Sites statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Sites content and verifying system and server integrity).
Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to collect certain information relating to your use of the Sites. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the Sites analyze how users use the site. You can find out more about how Google uses data when you visit our Sites by visiting “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”, (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/). We may also use Google Analytics Advertising Features or other advertising networks to provide you with interest-based advertising based on your online activity. For more information regarding Google Analytics please visit Google’s Sites, and pages that describe Google Analytics, such as www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
Information collected from other sources
We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, and other outside sources. We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information; marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
How Do We Use Your Information?
We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Sites for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below. We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process with your Consent.
- To send administrative information to you for Business Purposes. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- Fulfill and manage your orders for Contractual reasons. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Sites.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you for our Business Purposes. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- Request Feedback for our Business Purposes. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Sites.
- To protect our Sites for Business Purposes. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Sites safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enable user-to-user communications with your Consent. We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to evaluate and improve our Sites, products, services, marketing and your experience.
- To contact you in response to a request.
- To provide you with notices about your Company account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you, including through newsletters. If you wish to opt-out of receiving such communications, you may do so at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of these communications. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may de-identify your Personal Data so that it no longer reasonably identifies you. In this case, we may use this de-identified data without restriction and for any purpose, including to improve our Sites, products and services.
Disclosure of Your Information
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations. We do not sell your personal information to anyone. We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Sites, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Sites over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. We do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
How Do We Keep Your Information Safe?
We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures. We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Sites is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (e.g., billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties described above in Disclosure of Your Information.
These third parties may aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes.
In addition, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Data:
Promotional Offers from Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by ABBREVIATION to promote our own products and services, you can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any promotional email or other marketing communications you receive from us. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Company as a result of a product purchase, or your use of our services.
Disclosure of Your Information to Affiliates and Third Parties. By using our Sites, you consent to our sharing of your Personal Data (excluding personal health information) with our affiliates and third parties for their promotional purposes. If you wish to unsubscribe from such affiliate and third parties’ promotions, you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or other marketing communications you receive from them. If you wish to opt-out of such sharing, please email us email@example.com.
Targeted Advertising. To learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative Sites. Please note that if you choose to opt out, you will continue to see ads, but they will not be based on your online activity. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the NAI on its Sites.
Do Not Track Signals
Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to Sites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. Because there is no standard for these signals at this time, we currently do not honor such signals and we do not modify what information we collect or how we use that information based upon whether such a signal is broadcast or received by us.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for the use of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we work diligently to try and protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Sites. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Sites or in your operating system.
Supplemental Disclosures and Rights Based on State Law
In addition to the disclosures and rights set forth elsewhere in this Policy, you and other users may have certain rights based on applicable state law. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding your rights under applicable state law.
Categories of Personal Information Company Collects
Personal information does not include information that is: (a) publicly available information from government records; (b) de-identified or aggregated consumer information; or (c) certain information excluded from the scope of applicable state law (e.g., PHI covered under HIPAA and medical information may be covered under HIPAA and other state laws).
Categories of Sources From Which Company Has Collected Personal Information
We collect Personal Information directly from you, for example when you provide it to us, when you contact us through our Digital Services, when you create a Company account; and indirectly from you automatically through your computer or device as you use our Digital Services. We may also collect Personal Information about you from our advertising partners and service providers.
Use of Personal Information
Sharing Personal Information
Company may disclose your Personal Information to a third party for one or more business purposes. When we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose, such as to service providers, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
Disclosures of Personal Information for Business Purposes:
We may disclose your Personal Information for our business purposes, such as your contact information, other information you have provided to us and unique identifiers that identify you to us or to our service providers, such as companies that assist us with marketing and advertising. Please refer to Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It for additional information and details.
We disclose your Personal Information to certain third parties such as our vendors, business partners, service providers, including companies that assist us with marketing and advertising. For additional information please refer to How We Use Your Information and Disclosure of Your Information).
Access Request Rights
You may have the right to request that Company disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months for the above business and commercial purposes. To submit an access request, see Exercising Access and Deletion Rights.
Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
- If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- Sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- Disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You may have the right to request that Company delete your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless certain exceptions apply.
Exercising Access and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Only you or your authorized and legal representative authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under applicable state law. Unless permitted by applicable law, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
State law may permit users of our Digital Services who provide Personal Information in obtaining products and services for personal, family, or household use to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. If applicable, this information would include the categories of Personal Information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared your Personal Information with for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2020 will receive information regarding such activities in 2019). You may request this information once per calendar year. To make such a request, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Sites are intended for use by visitors and users located in North America and South America. It is not intended for use by and is not directed to residents in other jurisdictions, including Europe (i.e., the EU and the UK). All data is stored and processed in the United States. By using and accessing our site, users who reside or are located in countries outside of the United States agree and consent to the transfer to and processing of personal information on servers located outside of the country where they reside, and that the protection of such information may be different than required under the laws of their residence or location.
Do We Make Updates to This Policy
How Can You Contact Us About This Policy?
If you have questions or comments about this policy or any other questions, including requests for information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, you may contact us here:
Postal Address: Lombart Brothers, Inc. DBA Advancing Eyecare: 11825 Central Parkway, Jacksonville, Florida 32224